Kristi Clover joins me today to provide us with some wonderful and practical tips for how we can be cultivating more joy and simplicity in our everyday lives, even when the going gets tough. As you will discover as soon as you get to know her through this podcast episode, Kristi is the absolute perfect person to be spreading this message of joy and simplicity. She is an absolute joy to be around and a true blessing. I’m so excited to have the opportunity to introduce her to y’all! Enjoy!
What we Chat about in this Episode
~How Kristi got started proclaiming her message of simple and joyful living and her desire to encourage and help overwhelmed moms
~Finding your joy in the Lord
~Kristi’s tips and encouragement for how to spend time with the Lord even as a busy mama
~Practical ways to incorporate more joy into your life
~The difference between joy and happiness
~Cultivating joy in the dark seasons of life, when the going gets tough
~The importance of looking at the big picture, rather than getting stuck in the here and now
~Asking yourself: “What are my true priorities and am I actually living according to them?”
~The affect that busyness is having on marriages today and how to fight that
~What a typical “day in the life” looks like for Kristi, and how she manages to find the time to be a wife, homeschooling mama of 5, blogger, author, podcaster, speaker, and more!
~The importance of a mom taking some time to herself to fill herself up, in order that she might better pour out into others from her overflow
~2 Little Sanity Savers for Moms from Kristi’s book of the same name and info on her Homeschool Organization Course; organization tips for those who want to be more organized, but just don’t know how or where to start
~And much more!
Karen Ehman’s “Mom Hats” skit
“Sewn with Joy” by Tricia Goyer and Sherry Gore
Inspiring Quotes from Kristi
“We need to share the grace of God with ourselves and our kids.”
“Happiness is based on circumstances, but joy comes from the Lord. I find that when I am short on joy, I have to truly seek the Lord.”
“Even in times of drought, if you have your roots going down deep to the living water, you really can be fruitful.”
Where You Can Find Kristi Online
Website – Kristiclover.com
Kristi’s Podcast – The Simply Joyful Podcast
Facebook – Kristi Clover (Raising Clovers)
Instagram – @KristiClover (Raising Clovers)
Twitter – @KristiClover
YouTube – Kristi Clover
To Leave a Rating and Review on iTunes
Have you been encouraged or inspired by today’s episode? If so, could I ask a little favor? If you could leave the podcast a rating and review in iTunes, that would be amazing! The more ratings and reviews a podcast receives, the more iTunes shows that podcast to other folks searching for shows to listen to, so by leaving me a rating and review, you truly are partnering with me in this podcast ministry to encourage and help as many women as we possibly can. Thank you so much for taking the time to do that! Here’s how:
If you’re on your computer:
- Access iTunes on your desktop and type Home and Hearth in the search box on the upper right hand corner.
- Click on the podcast photo when it comes up
- Click on “Ratings and Reviews” beneath the podcast title
- Under “Customer Reviews”, click on “Write a Review”
- Click on how many stars you want to rate the podcast and then write out your review and click submit
- You’re done! Thank you so much!!
If you’re on your phone:
- Open the podcasts app
- Click the search button on the bottom righthand corner (the magnifying glass) and type in Home and Hearth in the search box that will appear at the top of your screen
- Click on the podcast photo when it pops up
- Click on the reviews button near the top middle of the screen
- Scroll down a bit, if needed, until you see “Write a Review” and click on that
- Click on how many starts your want to rate the podcast, write out your review, and click “send” when finished
- You’re done! Thank you so much!!
How You Can Listen to the Podcast
~Here on the blog
~on the Podcast Addict App