~Hargraves Home and Hearth~
*To Edify, To Equip, To Encourage*
Hello and first let me welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere! 🙂 I am so glad you’ve stopped by, hope the Lord richly blesses your time here, and look forward to getting to know you!
And, now for a little bit about me! If you’re anything like me, you like to feel like you actually know the face behind the blog you’re reading, so here you go…….
My name is Rebekah Hargraves, and I am a twenty-something Christian, wife, mama, homemaker, homeschool graduate, writer, home business owner, blogger (obviously! 😉 ), and Texas-native-turned-Tennessean. How’s that for a mouthful? 😉
My passions include being a helpmeet to my husband, going on once-a-month dates, drinking coffee (yes-I am passionate about that! 😉 ), writing, getting down on the floor and playing with my daughter, homemaking, crafting, cooking and baking, hospitality, enjoying silly dance parties with my little girl, candles, music, reading (I am known for having my nose in a book even while brushing my teeth!), and being a student of many topics including history, theology, health and nutrition, political science, writing and blogging, and the list goes on! What can I say? I told you I like to read! 😉
On Saturday, March 15th, 2014, I married my best friend, my Airman, Owen Hargraves. While we’ve only been married a relatively short time, I would count our wedding day and every day after as the best time of my life. Being the wife of such a godly, courageous, caring, bold, sensitive, hilarious, hard-working visionary of a man is an absolute joy. No, he’s by no means perfect, and even our marriage has its ups and downs like all others. But he is perfect for me. To think that I hold the role of his confidant, biggest supporter, helper, encourager, etc., is an honor. I love this man with all my heart, and absolutely cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store for us as we continue on through life together! 🙂
I could well be described as…..
- a voracious reader and bibliophile
- a coffee and tea addict
- a procrastinator (just keeping it real, folks-you’ll actually find a lot of realness here; no claims to perfection from this here blogger!)
- a bargain-hunter
- a lover of animals (yes, I would be one of those gals who would cry if she ever ran over a squirrel or any other little critter)
- a delighter in all things feminine and old-fashioned (three of my all-time favorite things to watch would be Little House on the Prairie, Little Women, and Anne of Green Gables)
- a little bit crunchy (or also known as very pro-natural remedies and healthy living-I’m even one of those weird people who makes their own toothpaste! :P)
More Little Fun Facts About Me…..
- I have never in my life climbed a tree (as a child I was too concerned about the bugs that might be residing in the trees and would much rather have been inside reading, anyway! 😉 )
- I am really afraid of spiders!
- I was homeschooled all through school, but actually skipped second grade.
- I almost always have music playing (usually Christian or celtic) and a candle burning in my house.
- I wish daily afternoon high tea time were the cultural norm here as it always was in England. So fun!
- Having my hair pulled or caught in something is one of my absolute biggest pet peeves.
- I had never been guilty of anything even resembling road rage until I got pregnant with Anna and my hormones went haywire (people slowing down at green lights?? Ain’t nobody got time for that! :P).
- I am of the belief that the darker the chocolate, the better! 😀
The Motivation Behind Hargraves Home & Hearth
First off, why “Hargraves Home and Hearth”? Well, I titled my blog this for two reasons. One of which is that “home” all encompasses the many topics you will find discussed here, while “hearth” is an old-fashioned name for the fireplace. It was once considered to be the center of the home, around which the whole family and any guests there, would gather and visit. The hearth was the central hub of hospitality, as it were, and I want to recapture that beautiful old-fashioned concept here. Second, when you visit my blog, I want you to feel like you have actually stepped right into my home. I want you to feel welcome and at home here and as if I am visiting with you, not writing at you. I want this to be a warm place of inspiration, comfort, encouragement, and enrichment for your life.
For more of my thoughts, please take a few moments to watch this vlog for a full introduction to the blog, more about me, and to hear my heart, purpose, and vision for this blog and our journey together. 🙂
What Topics Can I Expect to See Covered Here?
One thing I love about the graphic he made is that at the center of all the craziness in our lives as women-the grocery shopping, to-do lists, marriage issues, educating and training of children, tending to illnesses, laundry, financial issues, and more, should be Christ and His Word. Or, as my hubby titled the graphic, “Order in Chaos”. Christ alone brings order to the midst of our crazy daily lives. And it is the prayer of my heart that all you find talked about here on the blog helps to further illustrate that for you and make it become a reality in your life.