As someone who has never experienced the pain of miscarriage, it may seem strange that I chose to join the launch team for a book on that topic. But I really wanted to do so for a couple reasons. For one, the author, Tiffany Stroud, is a sweetheart and is the lady who runs the Seeing Sunshine blog I guest-posted for last month after she gave birth to her rainbow baby. 🙂 Another reason was that, though I have never experienced miscarriage myself, I have dear friends who have and I wanted to become better equipped to know how to love on them and bless them after such a tragic loss.
This book truly helped me to do just that. For that reason, I believe Miscarriage and Mourning: Encouragement After Pregnancy Loss by Tiffany Stroud is a book which both those who have suffered miscarriages as well as those who have not, should read and would benefit from.
For the mama who has gone through the painful loss of a baby, this book is going to offer some much-needed camaraderie, encouragement, and help. Tiffany covers such topics as:
- realizing you are not alone in this pain and loss
- understanding your options as to miscarrying naturally vs. D&C, and determining what is right for you
- Tips for healing emotionally after your miscarriage
- songs to listen to that will minister to you during this time
- ideas for how to not be fearful during subsequent pregnancies
For the lady who, like me, just wants to feel equipped to encourage and support a friend who has miscarried, Tiffany addresses:
- what to say and what not to say to someone who has miscarried
- tangible ways to serve the mama and her family after the miscarriage
- an understanding of what miscarriage is truly like physically, emotionally, and mentally
Regardless of what your level of experience with miscarriage may be, I believe you will find Miscarriage and Mourning to be a very valuable resource. Today is launch day, so you can now head on over to Tiffany’s site and purchase your own copy! I highly encourage you to do so. It will be a blessing and help to you.
Also! When you do head over to Tiffany’s blog and read more about her new book, you can also enter a wonderful giveaway, as well! Here is what Tiffany had to say about it:
“DaySpring is partnering with me to offer you a giveaway in celebration of launch day! They are giving away two sets of Karen Kingsbury sympathy cards — a total of 12 cards. I love these two greeting cards because they would be such an encouragement to someone going through a miscarriage. Each card we received during our loss meant so much to us. What an encouragement you can be to others when you find out they are experiencing a loss.”
Head on over to Seeing Sunshine to learn more!